If you’re in the market for a new house, there are a number of things to consider: is the building and roof structurally sound? Is there any sign of termite activity? Will you need to do any renovations?
Unless you know what to look for, you could find yourself floundering in the dark. You won’t know if the house leaks when it rains until you actually move in. And by then, it’s way too late!
For this reason, many banks won’t lend you finance until you’ve had a pre-purchase inspection performed and cleared by a professional.
HA pest control professional is experienced and extensively trained to conduct property inspections and visually check for signs of stubborn and destructive pest infestations like termites. They would also make use of modern cutting edge technology to detect and assess any kind of pest infestation such as:
- Remotely detect the presence of pest nesting in concealed areas like spaces under the floor and between walls without having to drill or damage ceilings and wall linings
- Effectively assess before and after treatments to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Check for plumbing leaks
- Check on high humidity in problem areas which makes it a suitable nesting area for many types of pests
Dongers or Timber Sounding tools
- Detect timber density
- Detect hollow areas in wooden structures that suggest the presence of termite infestations
- Check for damage in hard-to-reach places
- Look for broken tiles and torn lead flashings, rusted gutters, roof sheets and damage to skylights.
Professional building and pest controllers also make use of maglite or high power torches certified for safe and effective use inspecting your property for the presence of any types of commercial or residential pests. Schedule a pre-purchase inspection before your property purchase. A good building and pest inspector will offer free consultation and quotes with zero obligations.